The Los Angeles-based development intern will work closely with MFA’s development
manager to help build our membership and donor programs. The development intern will
help organize special events, conduct donor research, process literature and merchandise
orders, and handle day-to-day administrative tasks as they are assigned.
The development intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Processing and fulfilling merchandise and literature orders
- Creating membership packets and processing donor acknowledgements
- Conducting research for grant applications and proposals
- Donor research
- Database record updating
- Assisting the development manager with special event preparation, fundraising
- General office management tasks
- Handling other tasks and projects as they are assigned by supervisor
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite—Word and Excel
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Fundraising/event/office experience a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Dedication to the mission and objectives of the organization
- Commitment to a three-month internship preferred
Interning at MFA is interesting, with varied work day to day. You will be given a level
of responsibility that requires reliability, dedication, and hard work. We are happy to
involve our interns in important projects and will consider you part of our staff.
intern, you will be an integral part of Mercy For Animals and your work will be very
much appreciated. In addition, you will learn important skills, meet like-minded people,
and be a part of the national animal protection movement, all while spreading compassion
for animals! Full-time interns receive a weekly stipend and depending on the internship
location, either a free public transportation pass or reimbursement for gas.
HOW TO APPLY
There are no deadlines for internship applications. We accept applications year-round
and review applications as they arrive. However, applying at least a month in advance
improves your chances of acceptance. Before you apply, please review our list of
Frequently Asked Questions.
>> Click here to fill out our development internship application.
We look forward to hearing