Legacy of Compassion
By including Mercy For Animals in your estate plans, you can memorialize a lifetime of compassion for animals.
What if your dedication to animal protection lived on long after you left this world? With proper planning, it can. By including Mercy For Animals in your will or living trust, you can help build a kinder future for animals for decades or even centuries after your passing.
By including Mercy For Animals in your will, you can memorialize a lifetime of compassion and guarantee that your voice for animals will carry on.
You can give your gift by naming Mercy For Animals beneficiary of:
- Specified dollar amount or estate property
- Specified percentage of your estate
- Specified percentage of your residuary estate (i.e., the percentage that is left after all other bequests have been filled and expenses paid)
Your attorney may wish to use the following language when making a bequest to Mercy For Animals:
"I give, devise, and bequeath to Mercy For Animals, a nonprofit organization with federal tax identification number 54-2076145, located at 8033 Sunset Blvd., Ste. 864, Los Angeles, CA 90046, the sum of $ (or describe the real or personal property or portion of the estate) to be used for its general purposes."
Please consult your attorney or professional advisor to ensure that your plans are in compliance with all applicable laws.
Naming Mercy For Animals a trustee of your living trust ensures your generous legacy for the most abused and neglected animals. Unlike a will, a living trust takes effect immediately upon your passing and is also revocable.
In order to name Mercy For Animals a trustee, you must transfer ownership of specified assets from your name to Mercy For Animals. You will continue to enjoy use of all of your assets while knowing that they will one day support a lifesaving cause. When filling out the requisite documents with your legal authority or attorney, please use this information:
- Mercy For Animals’ legal name: Mercy For Animals, Inc. (not MFA)
- Mercy For Animals’ mailing address: 8033 Sunset Blvd., Ste. 864, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Mercy For Animals’ federal tax identification number: 54-2076145
- "501(c)(3) non profit" as your relationship to the beneficiary
- “Charity” as your relationship to the beneficiary
Legacy Society Members
Learn why so many compassionate people are choosing to remember Mercy For Animals in their estate plans.