From skyrocketing sales of vegan food to major celebrities making the switch, plant-based eating is clearly taking the world by storm. Now a new Mercy For Animals website, The Green Plate, makes plant-based eating easier and more accessible than ever.
The Green Plate is a comprehensive resource for those interested in a plant-based diet. The site includes the following helpful features:
- Tips and tricks for eating plant-based at your favorite restaurants and at home
- Mouthwatering recipes and downloadable ingredient lists
- Nutritional information on how to supercharge your health on a plant-based diet
- An informative and entertaining blog
- Community resources for connecting with others who are making the switch to plant-based eating
- Access to a meal planner site that offers personalized daily recipes, customizable grocery lists, on-demand help from caring food coaches, and grocery delivery
Over the past decade, veganism has seen consistent growth as millennials—the world’s largest generation—purchase their own food. Concerned about the environment, animal welfare, and their health, this generation boasts more self-identifying vegetarians than any other, according to The New York Times.
Recently, a study commissioned by the Plant Based Foods Association and The Good Food Institute revealed that the plant-based foods market topped $3.1 billion in sales. And the research firm Global Data reports that veganism in America has increased by 600 percent since 2014.
Additionally, the market research company Mintel found that the number of vegan products in Australia had increased by 92 percent since 2014, and Lux Research expects plant-based proteins to make up a third of the global protein market by 2054.
Switching to a plant-based diet is a great way to protect your health and the environment. And fewer people eating meat, dairy, and eggs means fewer animals suffering at factory farms.